Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Organic.... :)

So we have made the decision to go organic/sustainable! This is huge for us because unfortunately they don't make organic coca cola. But anyway we have, as far as possible.

Over the last few weeks we have been trialing and testing and learning and tasting and what we have discovered is that the food actually does taste better, probably because it is fresher.

I am addicted to unhomogenised jersey cow milk (and I am known for my serious dislike of milk), and I love love love the organic apples we have in the house at the moment.

We had our first organic roast leg of lamb on Sunday night and it was melt in our mouth delicious. I love lamb. We had chicken with fresh asparagus and cherry tomatoes last night and tonight is lamb patties with mint sauce. The mint and herbs are fresh from our garden and the organic lamb mince is a new thing to try as well.



Right now life is so good. Not because we have gone organic ~ just because it is. The holidays are around the corner and I love that. I cannot wait to be here with all my kids, playing, reading, riding. We are going to venture out to the bush (down the back ) over the next few weeks with them.

Daylight savings is so close and summer is on the breeze, what an awesome time to be alive!

Leanne xo

(Photos to come :))

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog Leanne. I think we need to have a coffee and chat sometime! We have changed our food to organic in the last year or so. I'd love to have a chat and compare notes about where you're buying stuff from. Your veges and herbs look great.Cheers Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg, Yes, I would love to catch up and have a cuppa. When suits you? Leanne xo

    ReplyDelete