Saturday, 2 July 2011

30 + 364 (and I am grateful my husband almost forgot...)

Today is my last day as a 30 year old.


Cool.


My lens died. Not cool. Or so it would appear.


Today I am grateful for my husband not having had the foresight to buy me a present.


I know that sounds selfish, and it is. But it also isn't.


Now we can afford to go out tomorrow and buy me a new lens. I am leaning towards a prime 50mm 1.4 or a 35mm 1.4. 


So the way I see it, every little thing happens for a reason. There was a reason he didn't have a present ready for me. There is a reason we didn't get a chance to go shopping today. There is a reason, and that is because we need to buy a new lens tomorrow and that can be my birthday present. (YAY).

I am linking up with *Maxabella loves today!



Has anything ever happened that made you realise, there really is a reason for everything?


Leanne xo


P.S. Tomorrow, we start the Wordless Sunday share around, which started with Dee over at Books and Bits and Pieces and this week we are doing 'baked' with Helen over at Helen's Blog. Check out the nuts and bolts of the concept here. I am so excited to be able to use my new lens for this fun game :)


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Glad that fate stepped in and gave you something that would delight you for your birthday.

    My birthday was last Friday and on Thursday morning, Hubby came up to me and said, please tell me what you want or you won't end up with anything you like. I gave him a long list, with clear instruction that it was just to give him options and to only buy one thing from each member of the family (= three things). He bought way more than that, and now I have learned to only put three things on that list.

    In a few weeks, I am hoping to complete my degree after many long years of part time study. What do I want for a graduation gift? A better camera than my little point-and-shoot. I'm hoping it will improve my photography exponentially. :-)

    Came by from Grateful Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Leanne. We get better with age, speaking from experience! I've had lots of times of realising things for a reason, from monumental life changes to the little things each day. Our inner voice is a wonderful guide if we listen. I hope you get the lens you're wanting. Jane x

    ReplyDelete