I don't normally do New Years Resolutions, however, I always get a feeling at this time of year that anything really is possible. I probably reach my maximum amount of motivation at this time of year.
I clean my house out.
I reorganise my whole life.
I reorganise my paperwork, my bedroom, the kids bedrooms, the pantry, the linen press etc....
I have done a lot of that this year too, and some gardening to boot.
But this year I am also making resolutions, and I am going to put them on here to keep me accountable.
I need to give you a bit of background to these resolutions, to help you understand why and where they are coming from.
For the last 2 years I feel like I have lost 'me'. I have certain views and beliefs and I have a certain way I want to live my life. I am passionate about the way I want to bring up my kids. Since I have been sick with my Hashimoto's, I have lost a lot of the motivation to live my life the way I really want to.
So the New Years Resolutions this year are:
1. Re-connect as a family. Make time and money to spend on each other, as a family and as a couple. These things don't need to be expensive, going to the beach, having a picnic at the park, camping, playing, caring and wanting to be together are what I mean.
2. Be me. Be happy and let things be.
3. Meditate. Do Yoga - everyday. (Thanks for the help on this one Beck)
4. Stop spending and start saving. (This is a huge one for us)
5. Go back to handmade. Re-connect with the earth and my 'real' side. I need to start baking again.
Basically, find the me I want to be again. It shouldn't be hard, I know I am in there somewhere. I feel that we have been so busy over the last 2 years, we have lost what we stand for and what we believe in.
Our kids need a huge reality check. They need to unplug and disconnect from the electrical world. I just need to have the gumption to make them disconnect. And then make them re-connect with us and each other.
So there they are. I am now accountable....please let me know, what are your New Years Resolutions??