Monday, 3 June 2013

I am an Aunty!

On Saturday 25 May at 9.08 am something special happened. My brother in law and sister in law had a beautiful baby girl.

We will call her Little Ladybug. On Sunday we made the mad dash down to Sydney to meet her.

She is truly adorable. I have never been an aunt before. I have never had a niece or nephew to spoil and love and care so so much about. I knew she was special when we found out there was going to be a baby, but I did NOT know how much I would love her. I know now. It is different to having your own child, but I don't think it is any less powerful.

Because I haven't spoken to her parents about photos of her on my blog, we will stick to photos where you can't see her (because the wrap is covering her all up) and of her beautiful little feet.



Welcome to our family little Ladybug. We have been waiting for you and we are all going to have so much fun together!

Leanne xo

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aunty, what a special job you will do of it too. I just love being an Aunty, you can love and snuggle and spoil and teach. Its so funny how much easier it is to find the humour in their cheeky behaviour, I truly believe that is an Auntys most important task, to help Mummy keep her sense of humour. I know my girls Auntys have helped me see the funny side of 2 yr olds many times. Much love to little Ladybug she has already made the world a better place. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I am so excited! Very special indeed!

      Delete